I know technically it's not Fall for another few days but looking out my window it sure does feel like it today! Pouring rain, which I know is probably so good for our province right now, but It does make me feel cozy and I poured an extra cup of tea this morning. I honestly cannot believe it is September and the next few months bring birthdays for all three of Lauren and I's children and one more new little addition as well!
For our family, Fall is a time of fun adventures (rain or shine), back to routines, and a reminder to be grateful and thankful for the many blessings we have. Lauren only has a few more weeks of work left and then I know these little cousins are excited to see each other more often again. I know my kids have been going through Cairo withdrawals so they will be delighted to see him more.
We partnered with Crazy 8 to suit our kids in the perfect fall outfits. I love this jean dress for Kinsley because I can easily pair it with a pair of tights and dress shoes, or leggings and a light pink moto jacket for both a dressy or casual look!
We've already started our "bucket list for fall" and I think we have some fun options:
1. Pumpkin patch - Aldor Acres (a MUST!)
2. Pick up fall flowers and create planters for porch (Check out West Coast Gardens - fiber optic grass, flowering kale, violets and white heather are a beautiful combo)
3. Trip to the Apple Barn
4. Find the biggest trees with the largest maple leafs and make a big leaf pile to jump in
5. Bake Pumpkin bread and Pumpkin Pecan muffins
6. Redwood Park Nature walk - amazing forest which is mostly covered, even on rainy days
7. Start a few handmade Christmas decor projects (Is it ever too early *wink*)
8. Visit Port Kells Nursery for pumpkins, hay rides, digger pile, and hay maze (amazing spot for little kids)
That's all I have so far and I know we will be adding to this list daily. My kids love being outside and I'm so grateful that Crazy 8 makes durable, stylish clothes that my kids can play in and still look cute (I know....I am biased). These camel coloured rockers jeans on Cairo are a great neutral colour for fall. They go with almost everything! Jake's slip on shoes are great because he can put them on himself! I love that Crazy 8 always has basic options as well as fun prints for the kids as well.
I do know that wherever these little feet take us, I will treasure these Fall moments in my heart. Lately, I have been reminded of how precious this time with our little ones is. I'll admit it....when it rains for a few days non-stop, the days can get a little hairy, but it's in those tough days that I'm learning the most about what true love, patience, and grace is really about. So, let the Fall adventures (rain or shine) begin! I can't wait to explore with these little ones.